About the Cawaco Resource, Conservation & Development Council’s grant program:
Fact: Cawaco awards approximately $200,000 in grants per year
- We look for projects where a small amount can make a big impact
- We choose projects based upon community need, public support, and area/number of people affected
Fact: Cawaco grants are awarded on a REIMBURSABLE basis (you pay for the improvement and we will reimburse you)
Grants are awarded to non-profit entities in Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby and Walker counties of Alabama.
- We have an education and a challenge grant program.
- Grants are awarded on a REIMBURSABLE basis
- What types of projects do we fund?
- Environmental Improvements
- Pervious pavement
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Water catchment systems
- Environmental education
- First Responder Support
- Equipment upgrades
- Radios, turn out gear, specialized rescue equipment
- Scholarships for low-income students to attend events
- Books and other tools that help educate a large population
- Parks and Rec
- Walking tracks
- Nature trails
- Native tree planting
- Invasive control
- Preservation of History and Natural Resources
- Restoration of historic buildings & artifacts
- Preservation of open spaces
Our grant cycle is currently closed.
Cawaco RC&D programs and activities are available without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status.
Do you have a project idea within our area that falls within our Mission? Call Kellie @ 205.623.0147
Cawaco has a network of resources that may benefit your organization. We offer consulting, accounting and grant writing services.
We can help with team building, partnerships, brainstorming, visioning, and project development.